Friday, July 31, 2009

The "Tangled up in Blue" Experiment, Part Four

Welcome back to my "Tangled up in Blue" experiment. Here's the deal--I'm making a piece of jewelry for every line from the Bob Dylan song, "Tangled up in Blue." So far, it's been kind of a wonderful little jaunt. The pieces I'm making are different from what I've been doing lately. Any time you go outside your usual creative process, it's a good thing.


So, line four goes like this:


"They never did like Mama's homemade dress, Papa's bank book wasn't big enough."


I focused on the homemade dress angle, and put together this classic, elegant strand of large 8mm creamy vintage glass pearls with some quite unusual periwinkle blue vintage lucite beads. I've never seen anything quite like these sweet little blue beads. I tied a double bow of thin blue satin ribbon on the floral toggle, and added a silver cameo charm.



You could wear it with the toggle to the side, to show off the ribbon. Or, if you wear your hair up or have a shorter cut, you could wear off the toggle in the back, for back interest. Quirky and sophisticated, and repurposing vintage beads. Yay.




Drop back by for line five. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment