Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The "Tangled up in Blue" experiment, part two

I'm making a piece of jewelry to correspond with each line from Bob Dylan's "Tangled up in Blue."
Yesterday, I was mulling over the second line:
"Wondering if she had changed at all, if her hair was still red." The two words that hit me were "change" and "red," combined with the title, "Tangled up in Blue." So, I started thinking about red changing to blue, and remembered something I learned in sixth grade physical science. Ah, the things that stay with us, huh? The colors of a prism or rainbow, ROY G. BIV. Remember? Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. I decided to make a piece with a rainbow of crystals, changing from red to violet.
So, here, submitted for your approval, the second piece from the "Tangled up in Blue" experiment. It doesn't look like something I would normally make, and I think that might be the point of this little venture--to expand my creative horizons a bit.




Stay tuned for the next installment! I already have an odd little idea for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment