Friday, September 11, 2009

Polka-palooza!


Okay, you all, this southern, German, Ohio-based girl will be spending her weekend at an old-fashioned Oktoberfest right here in sunny Vandalia. I've never set up at this festival. Heck, I've never even been, and it's a mile from my house. Tonight and tomorrow night it goes until midnight. Tomorrow, they have a rock and roll polka band, and I am looking forward to that, in my own warped way. Yes, hoping for the polka version of "Free Bird." You know I'm going to be whooping and dancing barefoot. My poor mom. She will just hide her eyes and shake her head.
So, enjoy your weekend, and hope that the potential customers at this festival have enough beer that they decide to buy lots and lots of jewelry. I'll have a bratwurst for you. Maybe not. . .

1 comment:

  1. I SO wish I was going. We have one in my hometown, (also in OH)too. Sadly, Vince Neil from Motley Crue once led our whole city in the "Chicken Dance" at our Oktoberfest.
    YIKES!

    ReplyDelete