Sunday, October 4, 2009

The "Tangled up in Blue" Experiment, Parts 25 & 26

Line 25 goes like this:
"She was standing there, in back of my chair, said to me, 'Don't I know your name?'"

Now, I have these lovely, scrolly little metal doohickeys, and I was going to make question mark earrings with them. However, I searched high and low and never could find the doohickeys. These song lines with no real imagery are a little hard to capture in a piece of jewelry, but that's why this is a challenge, right? Or else I would have just made up a song about jewelry to make jewelry about. . . not a bad idea, now that I think about it.

Anyway, these little spirals springy thingies substituted for the spiralling of a question. I know, kind of lame, but there you go. I suspended light blue Swarovski crystals inside them on a head pin. The earrings are very cool and different; I just don't think the represent the song line very well.

Oh, and last night I found the scrolling things, stuffed in under my mass of jump rings. Sigh.
Onward to line 26:
"I muttered something underneath my breath, she studied the lines on my face."
Lots of faces and shoes in this song. Can I just say that I love the way this little necklace turned out? The light blue glass beads have brown "lines" through them, heh heh. I took a small oval Art Nouveau styled pendant charm and hung it in front of a blank oxidized copper Vintaj rectangle. Vintaj makes the grooviest metal beading supplies on the planet Earth, by the way, but they tend to be a bit pricey. I added some yummy chocolate brown glass pearls, and here we have a sweet, fairly simple little necklace.
I think we're starting to make some serious progress with this experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment