Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Thankful

You know, the last few weeks have been kind of rough. A lot of things have gone on that were unpleasant or sad. It's easy to get overwhelmed and depressed.
But. . .
I have a sign over my door, kind of like the one above, that says, "It's a wonderful life." And it truly is. There is always, always something to be thankful for.
I have a roof over my head, a job that I love, two kittens that couldn't be funnier.
I have great family and friends, food in the fridge, a closet full of beads offering me almost infinite creativity.
I have a lot to be thankful for and happy about. I have a wonderful life.
It's an important thing to remember when life gets gray.
Hugs to you all.
Or maybe I'm just hormonal? HA!

4 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right. I think we all let the bad overwhelm the good sometimes - thanks for the reminder that there ARE better days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true. It's OK to be compassionate toward ourselves, to enjoy life, and to live fully in the present moment. Enjoy each day completely, whether we're hot and tired or rested and cool. Whether we're at work or on the beach. Each sensation and interaction is a whole universe.

    We can choose to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Life can really suck sometimes but there is always something to be grateful for :) T.

    ReplyDelete