Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cooking with MAB, fingerling potatoes


Okay, to say that I'm not much of a cook would be a drastic understatement. I have burned a can of soup and set pancakes on fire. I'm not good at paying attention to food while it's actually in the cooking process. The food often suffers because of this.
However, I have recently stumbled onto the easy joy of fingerling potatoes. I have made them twice, and they are delicious. Here's how you do it! And, if I can do it, anyone can do it!
Get a bag of fingerling potatoes. Yeah, I don't know how much the bag weighs or how many are in the bag. You get them at Wal-Mart for around three bucks. The potatoes are red, white and deep purple, and super cute. I thought I might varnish them and make a necklace, but I cooked them instead.
Turn on the oven to 400 degrees. Make sure you haven't stored anything in there before the oven preheats.
Scrub the potatoes like crazy and dry them off.
Get out your baking pan, the large one, like a brownie pan. You know what I mean. Line it with aluminum foil so it doesn't get all gross.
Throw the potatoes in there. Pour some olive oil over them. Add some salt and pepper.
Stir them around so all the taters are coated.
Throw them in the oven for fifteen minutes.
Get them out and stir them around again.
Bake them for another fifteen minutes.
Voila, you're done! Prepare for happy, potato joy! Seriously, these are some yummy little dudes. And easy. And not flammable!

No comments:

Post a Comment