Friday, August 28, 2009

Project Runway maternity shenanigans


Seriously, they had the designers make maternity clothes. Wow. At least they didn't have to make them out of lawn clippings and Tic Tacs, but wow. Here is the outfit that got auffed. As soon as the designer said something like, "I want her to look like a mother hen with her egg," I said, "Bye bye" right to the TV. I don't think he heard me, but my goodness this is nightmarish. I looks like a sling made of some old burial shroud, doesn't it?

Can I say it one more time?

Wow.

He was going to make jodjpurs, to recreate "chicken thighs." No, for real. Thankfully, Tim talked him down from that idea. If he had, well the outfit would have been as unsettling as the movie Funny Games. Please see several posts down.

Cluck.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! This was my favorite PR challenge ever, since I am pregnant ( second in a row, so I've been preggo for two yrs now!) I only wish they had actually had teh models also wear Double Ds to make it slightly more realistic, no one pregnant wears strapless dresses, bras, or spaghetti straps!!!!

    I have to confess I liked the egg outfit, of course, in a darker color, since I am NOT a model with a fake belly. At least much more than the I-already-own-it-and-can-buy-it-in-any-store white tshirt, khaki shorts and cardigan, that was HORRIBLY made! (No thanks on the chicken pants he thankfully did not make) But the winner was right on.

    Um, love your blog, obviously! :)

    ReplyDelete