Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The "Tangled up in Blue Experiment," Part Nine



So, here's the gist of this little experiment. I'm creating a piece of jewelry for each line from "Tangled up in Blue" by Bob Dylan. I just read an article that he may release a Christmas CD this year, with traditional Christmas carols on it. Can you imagine? Dylan singing "Frosty the Snowman"? Dylan singing "Oh, Come All Ye Faithful"? Dylan singing "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas"? Wow. Where do I sign up for pre-order on that one?




We have successfully reached line nine, and it goes a little like this:


"I helped her out of a jam I guess, but I used a little too much force."




One of my favorite lines from the song, actually. It's quite fun to sneer at the top of your lungs in the car.




My take may be a bit tame, all things considered, but I have a vintage image (I love those two words together) of a knight in shining armor, ready to use force to help a fair lady out of whatever jam she may have fallen into. It's a three-part pendant, with a long thin silver connector, and then a sweet little art deco heart connector.




Then we have some aqua glass table beads and some cathedral beads, both from CaladoniaMarch on etsy. She has great beads, as I keep on saying.




What do you think of this one? Because we have about fifty more to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment