Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Not a chimpunk

I live in the suburbs and have a bird feeder that I keep filled for my exotic flock of sparrows, mourning doves and tiny but boisterous little wrens. I also have a huge hawk that flies in periodically for breakfast. Once in awhile, I pick up a bag of peanuts for my herd of little critters that come in for a snack. Lately it's been mostly chipmunks. There are three of them, and they have to be the cutest creatures on the planet. Each one looks like it was handpainted, and they bound and scamper across the yard like little cartoon characters.

Yesterday, I put some nuts out, and when I heard the little crunching noises, I figured
Chippie or Chipster or Dale was out there. I had my camera out, so I shot a quick picture out the screen door. Look who was eating peanuts on the patio. Mrs. Bunny Rabbit. I didn't even know that bunnies ate peanuts, did you? Yet, there she was, munching away, happy as could be.

And, yes, we have experienced a little screen damage, you'll note. Franklin gets excited sometimes and climbs things. Everything, actually.

I guess this means I'll have to get some carrots at the grocery today. One more mouth to feed. . .
P.S. I have named the rabbit Jeannie, from the Bugs Bunny cartoon where he sings, "I dream of Jeannie, she's a light brown hare. . ."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment