Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MAB Treasures

Yesterday, I dusted all the little treasures in my shadow box. My grandpa made the shadow box for me when I was about ten, and it has travelled with me ever since. My mom bought the angels on the top shelf on her honeymoon. They're very fragile now, but I love them. The green pheasants and most of the tea cups belonged to my grandmother. My best friend in elementary school gave me the dog figurine for my birthday one year. I've collected all of the turkeys and swans along the way. This is about a quarter of my tiny vintage kitty collection. The rest are in the living room. I also have a small collection of egg cups, with a couple stashed here, and an itty bitty bone china iron with roses painted on it. Doesn't get much cuter than that.

My thought when I started cleaning was that I could probably get rid of some of these things, but in the end I couldn't do it. I just polished them all up and put them back in their special spots. Who knows why these tiny ojects all have such a dear place in my heart, but I treasure them. Little treasures that bring such huge joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment