Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday movies, Elf!

I have a confession. I am Elf. No, I'm not a 6'3" tall curly haired man in tights who was raised by elves at the North Pole, but I have been accused of having the Elf mentality. Maybe that's why I love this silly movie so much. Buddy (Will Ferrell) is a full grown man who has been in the care of Bob Newhart, Papa Elf, at Santa's workshop since infancy. He finds out that he is in fact human, and that his father (James Caan) is a businessman in New York City who is on the bad list. Buddy travels to the Big Apple (does anyone call New York the Big Apple anymore?) to reunite with his father and spread Christmas cheer. A little Will Ferrell can go a long way, but this movie is the perfect showcase for his wonderful talents. I've watched it four times since Thanksgiving, and crack up every time.

Elf quotes:

"Francisco, that's fun to say!" (The Elf quote that I am most guilty of repeating.)
"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup."
"I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins."
"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"
"Not now, Arctic Puffin!"
"I just like to smile. Smiling is my favorite!"
"He's an angry elf."
"You sit on a throne of lies!"
"I passed through the seven levels of the Candy Cane Forest, through the sea of swirly twirly gum drops, and then I walked through the Lincoln Tunnel."
"Santa's coming! I know him!"
Aww, come on. Everyone needs a silly, warm movie at Christmas time, and it doesn't get much better than Elf!

4 comments:

  1. I just watched this last night! I love it, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elf is one of the BEST MOVIES EVER!!! I wuvs it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this movie is awesome! watch it whenever I can and I use the quote about the four main food groups way too often! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny!
    BTW, If you haven't seen 4 Christmas's yet, watch it, one of the BEST holiday movies.

    ReplyDelete