There was an article online the other day about the many uses for baking soda. Fascinating stuff, I can't help it.
1. Toothpaste. Add a little peroxide for extra fizzy!
2. Mouthwash. Add a teaspoon to a glass of water, rinse and spit.
3. Facial scrub and exfoliant.
4. Deodorant, only I don't really want baking soda in my pits.
5. Treat insect bites and rashes with baking soda mixed with water.
6. Soak brushes and combs in a baking soda/water solution to get rid of gunk.
7. Clean floors, surfaces, etc. in your home.
8. Clean the terminals to batteries.
9. Boost your laundry detergent by adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to your wash.
10. Deodorize your fridge, yeah, but also your closet with a box of baking soda.
11. Litter boxes! I cover the bottom of the clean litter box with baking soda before adding fresh litter. It makes a difference.
12. Extinguish grease fires in the kitchen.
13. Use to clean vegetables.
14. And, after you've done all of those, make a cool baking soda/vinegar volcano. If you do it in the garbage disposal, it will clean as it fizzes.
All of this at fifty-five cents a box. Wow.