Monday, August 16, 2010

TV! Project Runway


Last week on Project Runway, it was an unconventional materials challenge! Yay! My favorite kind of challenge. The designtestants had to construct a garment from materials purchased at the party supply store. Here is your winning dress, made by Andrew. It's made entirely of either braided or folded ribbon, and it's pretty divine, isn't it?


On a side note, I love the people who flip out over these kinds of challenges. "How am I supposed to make a dress out of this?" The very first ever challenge on Project Runway involved making a garment from materials purchased at a grocery store in New York. The charming Austin Scarlet won that challenge with his wilted corn husk dress. If you get on this show, and you act surprised at having to use something besides fabric, you immediately lose my vote. I'm talking to you, Casanova. Furthermore, if you flip out and act like there's all kinds of pressure on you because you're "known for creating stuff like this, so everyone expects me to be the bestestest," and you have a hissy meltdown and don't stop whining, you have jumped over the line in the sand into Annoyingtown. I'm talking to you, AJ, and your sad pink plastic yack of a birthday dress. Aaaaaaaaaaaand, if you've won the first two challenges, and then decide that you should approach each designer with your opinions about what they're creating (pull a Gunn) and say stuff like, "I'm a force to be reckoned with," I'm going to root for your aufing. Yes, I'm talking to you, Gretchen.

Here is your losing design, from Sarah. It's a really depressing dress made from grayish silver table coverings with a smattering of blue painted cardboard palm fronds. Sarah seems like a great girl; she just couldn't get this to go. She knew it was bad, but didn't have the inspiration to fix it or do something else entirely. Sad to see her leave, but this was auf-worthy.
Picking early favorites: Valerie, Mondo, and, although I hate to admit it, Gretchen. At least one of them will be in the finals, right?
Until next week--Make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment