Sunday, August 2, 2009

The "Tangled up in Blue" Experiment, Part Six




Hey and welcome back. I'm at the beginning of this experiment where I'm creating a piece of jewelry to correspond with each line from Bob Dylan's song, "Tangled up in Blue." You'll be glad to know that we have now reached line six! Thrilling, isn't it? I'm having fun with the whole experience.

So, line six goes like this:


"Heading off for the east coast, Lord know I paid some dues getting through."


I used a vintage Austrian 10 Groschen coin from 1953, made from aluminum. Perfect for paying dues. The coin itself is really cool, with the Austrian Republic eagle image. It was designed by a fellow named Hans Köttenstorfer, and circulated from 1951-2001. I paired it with some deep cobalt blue Czech glass cathedral beads. Cathedral beads are usually faceted in a hexagon shape, and have a different color like bead caps on the ends. These are capped with high shine silver. I also used silver rice and seed beads to finish off the piece.






I'm going to keep on rambling through the song. Who know what night come next?

No comments:

Post a Comment