Wednesday, June 23, 2010

World Cup Soccer


I am in no way a soccer fan. I don't actually understand half of what's going on when I watch. However, there's something pretty wonderful about World Cup Soccer, the same way that there's something pretty wonderful about the Olympics. I watched curling during the Winter Olympics with absolutely no idea of how the game was scored, much less strategies, rules or regulations. At least with soccer, a goal is a goal.
So I had the US versus Algeria match on today, and got to see the historic US goal. Was it exciting? You bet. Are those little horn tooting things annoying? Yes, indeedy. Will I be watching more? Most likely. Somehow, I thought it would be much hotter in South Africa in June. Have you caught any matches?

4 comments:

  1. hahaha. i don't know soccer from soccer. but glad to hear the u.s. won!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you gave watching soccer another try! I love it but that's me, lol! South Africa is having their winter now so it's colder but they like us are having weird weather and it's colder there than usual. I hope you will watch some more games. The more you watch the more you'll learn. My head almost exploded when the US won I was yelling so loud! I do that when the Girl plays too, but softer cause I don't want to embarrass her. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Boy watched today's U.S. game, and excitedly told me later on that "the U.S. scored in the 91st minute."

    I have no idea what this means, but I feigned surprise by raising my brow and nodding accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not very good at sports on tv but the hubmeister adores it all. I'm glad you were able to relax and enjoy the spectacle! Greetings from Ocean City Hon. Thanks for your comments.
    xo
    Plantress

    ReplyDelete